Make the Most of Your Sewing Machine!
Join author Charlene Phillips as you learn all about your new best friend-your sewing machine! From fabric to feet to finished product, you'll be guided through techniques for mastering your machine and using it to perform basic to advanced stitching tasks. Whether you've been sewing for years or just gotten the itch, you'll find invaluable information inside for using your sewing machine to its maximum potential.
Learn how to:
- Troubleshoot machine problems like skipped stitches, needle breaks and tension troubles
- Perform basic maintenance on your machine to keep it running smoothly
- Choose fabrics, threads and other materials that will keep your machine running at full capacity and result in quality projects
- Recognize and utilize the best sewing machine feet to achieve the desired results
- Refine everyday tasks from installing zippers to sewing buttonholes and constructing perfect hems
- Create beautiful embellishments like scallops, ruches, smocking, pin tucks, cutwork, puffing and entredeux to enhance any sewn project or garment
An indispensable reference book to keep next to your machine, inside you'll find quick answers to all your sewing problems. Take control of your sewing machine and achieve wonderful results every time!
Introduction; SECTION 1: TAKING CONTROL; 1 Mastering the materials; Thread, Needle, Fabric, Stabilizers and Interfacing; 2 Demystifying your machine; Clear Machine, Tension, Sewing Feet, Stitches; SECTION 2: INCREASING YOUR SPHERE OF INFLUENCE; 3 Project preparation; 4 Hems and edging; 5 Closures; 6 Embellishments; 7 Surface and thread embellishments; APPENDIX; Quick reference charts; Resources; Index.
Number Of Pages: 160
Published: 1st February 2012
Dimensions (cm): 26.2 x 22.6
Weight (kg): 0.84