"New York Times" bestselling author Diana Gabaldon has captured the hearts of millions with her critically acclaimed novels, Outlander. Dragonfly In Amber, Voyager, and Drums Of Autumn. From the moment Claire Randall accidentally steps through a magical stone that transports her back in time more than 200 years to 1743, and into the arms of Scottish soldier Jamie Fraser, readers have been enthralled with this epic saga of time travel, adventure, and love everlasting.
Now Diana Gabaldon has written the ultimate companion guide to her bestselling series, the book only she could write - a beautifully illustrated compendium of all things Outlandish. As a special bonus for those who are eagerly awaiting the next appearance of Jamie and Claire, she includes never - before - published excerpts from upcoming works in the series. And there's lots more in this lavish keepsake volume for the many devoted fans who yearn to learn the stories behind the stories:
- Full synopses of Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, and Drums of Autumn
- A complete listing of the characters in all four novels, including extensively researched family trees and genealogical notes
- Professionally cast horoscopes for Jamie and Claire
- A comprehensive glossary and pronunciation guide to Gaelic terms and usage
- The fully explicated Gabaldon Theory of Time Travel
- Frequently asked questions to the author and her (sometimes surprising) answers
- An annotated bibliography
- Tips, personal stories - even a recipe or two
- Essays about medicine and magic in the eighteenth century, researching historical fiction, and more
With the insight, humor, and eye for detail that has made her novels such an outstanding success story. Diana Gabaldon here gives her readers the best gift of all--The Outlandish Companion.
With the insight, humor, and eye for detail that has made her novels such an outstanding success story, Diana Gabaldon here gives her readers the best gift of all--The Outlandish Companion,""
Number Of Pages: 496
Published: 29th June 1999
Publisher: Delacorte Press Books for Young Readers
Dimensions (cm): 25.4 x 18.4 x 4.7
Weight (kg): 1.13