Combining the concepts of classical French cooking introduced and explained in Di's best-selling The French Kitchen (first published in 1983); teachings from her essential and instructive manual The Clever Cook and a breathtaking array of inspiring and informative travel writings, this is a testament to Di Holuigue's impressive culinary career.
About the Author
Who is Di Holuigue?
- Di Holuigue has been cooking for more than 50 years
- Trained at Le Cordon Bleu and L’Ecole de Perfectionnement Lenôtre in Paris
- Worked in the kitchens of famous chefs including Frédy Girardet, Roger Vergé, Alain Senderens, Alice Waters and Wolfgang Puck
- Former food editor on The Australian Magazine and The Age/SMH Good Weekend
- Resident chef on Good Morning Australia for two years
- Chief judge for the Restaurant and Caterer’s Victorian Restaurant Awards for 10 years
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Combining the concepts of classical French cooking introduced and explained in Di's sensational best-selling title The French Kitchen (first published in 1983); teachings from her essential instructive manual The Clever Cook (drawn from columns that appeared in the The Australian and were first published as a single volume in 1994); and a breathtaking array of inspiring and informative travel writing, taken from Postcards From Kitchens Abroad, this 752-page volume is a testament to Di Holuigue's impressive culinary career.
Featuring the complete The French Kitchen - with a number of new sections on regional French cooking, plus revised and updated material-the book contains instructive illustrations and witty writing packed with tips and technical advice. This is supplemented by the teachings behind global recipes found in The Clever Cook, as well as a number of new additions. And for those wanting an insight into cuisines from around the world, Postcards takes the reader on a whirlwind tour of inspiring food destinations-with recipes along the way.
Bursting with recipes and full-colour food photography, this collection of Di Holuigue's greatest works makes for an informative and engaging cook's companion.
Number Of Pages: 752
Published: 1st November 2012
Publisher: The Slattery Media Group (AFL Publishing)
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 27.0 x 23.0
Weight (kg): 2.81