Unlock the lost and hidden meanings of the world's ancient and modern signs and symbols with the latest in the hugely popular series of 'Element Encyclopedias'. This is the biggest A-Z reference book on symbolic objects you'll ever find.
The latest in the popular series of 'Element Encyclopedias', this is the largest, most definitive guide to the secret and ancient knowledge of signs and symbols, some of which has been lost over thousands of years.
- Why is the eye believed to be a powerful symbol of protection by fishermen?
- Why do Masonic Temples have a black and white chequered floor covering?
- Why do Hindus use coloured rice powder to draw elaborate symbols in front of their homes, only to have these patterns destroyed every day by footprints?
- What are the hidden meanings behind the symbols on the American dollar?
- What is the most important symbol in the World?
Divided into easy-to-follow A-Z themed sections, the book answers all these questions and more, from sections on Magic and Mystery, Deities and Rituals, the Animal and Plant Kingdom, Landscape and the Elements, to Food and Sacred Geometry.
Find out about the secret Demonic alphabet and Script of the Magi, the Glastonbury Zodiac, the Masonic Compass, the Eye of Horus, Native American hunting symbols, the Caduceus and the Indian Diwali ritual. Element Encyclopaedia of Secret Signs and Symbols
is a fascinating compendium of the hidden meanings behind the most important visual symbols in the world.
About the Author
Adele Nozedar has long been fascinated by the power of symbols and visual signs, which led her to the formal study of alchemy. Her interest in psychology and how the unconscious mind works led her to the study of ancient myths, art, film and the esoteric in all forms. (She was also born into a long line of psychics.) Adele's other passion is music - she is founder and owner of a music studio in the Brecon Beacons, Twin Peaks, and formerly was one of the few women in the music industry to run a record label.