Bachelor of Nursing students
Diploma of Nursing students
An essential resource to prepare nursing students for their clinical placements and gain the most from their experiences.
With a focus on expectations and how to think, act, feel and communicate within complex clinical environments, Clinical Placement: An essential guide for nursing students, 3rd Edition provides tips for maximising learning opportunities and practical strategies for dealing with difficult and challenging situations.
The Clinical Placement, 3rd Edition is supported by an engaging series of video interviews with nurses from a diverse range of clinical practice areas. Each nurse shares insights, advice, highlights challenges and opportunities, and assists with tips for clinical placement.
· Evolve resources include:
o 15 video interviews with nurses from a range of clinical practice areas
o 'Need to know' quick tips
o 'Challenges you may encounter'
· Other key features within the chapters include: Something to Think About, Student Experience case studies and Coaching Tips.
New to this Edition
· Greater emphasis on cultural sensitivity, simulation as preparation for practice, patient safety, inter-professional communication and professional portfolio development
· Coaching Tips - advice on common issues
· Learning Activites - encourages students to relate theory to their own practice.
Audience: Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 200
Published: 11th December 2014
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 21.0 x 15.0 x 2.2
Weight (kg): 0.38
Edition Number: 3
Edition Type: Revised