#1 best-selling guide to Thailand*
Lonely Planet Thailand is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Wander through wild orchids in Mae Hong Son, charter a longtail boat on the Andaman Coast or look for tigers and monkeys in national parks; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Thailand and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Thailand Travel Guide:
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Thailand ,
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - current affairs, history, politics, arts, architecture, environment, food & drink, responsible travel
- Free, convenient pull-out Bangkok map (included in print version), plus over 100 maps
- Covers Bangkok, Central Thailand, Ko Chang, Chiang Mai Province, Northern Thailand, Hua Hin, Southern Gulf, Ko Samui, Lower Gulf, Phuket, Andaman Coast and more
our most comprehensive guide to Thailand, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights? Check out Discover Thailand, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a beach escape? Check out Lonely Planet Thailand's Islands and Beaches.
- Looking for a guide focused on Bangkok or Phuket? Check out Lonely Planet's Bangkok or Phuket guides for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer; or Pocket Bangkok or Pocket Phuket, handy-sized guides focused on the can't-miss sights for quick city visits.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Southeast Asia on a shoestring, a comprehensive guide to stretching money for an extended trip across the region.
Written and researched by Lonely Planet. About Lonely Planet:
Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. *Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA
Series: Travel Guide
Number Of Pages: 808
Published: 6th July 2016
Publisher: Lonely Planet Publications Ltd
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 19.71 x 12.8
Weight (kg): 0.66
Edition Number: 16
Edition Type: Revised