Barron's is now taking a comprehensive approach to foreign-language reference volumes, starting with two definitive bilingual dictionaries, each featuring 100,000 entries with translations. These reliable and authoritative dictionaries are ideal reference books for schools, libraries, businesses, and the home bookshelf. Yet their manageable size and reasonable price also make them practical learning tools for students taking language courses. Each dictionary features:
- Two full-length sections: English to target language and target language to English
- American-style English translations for both French and Spanish
- Headwords printed in a second color for easy reference with translations, parts of speech, and pronunciation guide printed in black
- Exemplary phrases using headwords in standard contexts
- Separate bilingual lists for numerals, phonetics symbols, abbreviations, and geographical names
These all-inclusive dictionaries also feature full-color atlas-style maps, concise grammar guides, regular verb conjugation lists, and many more language learning aids. Here are two complete and up-to-date bilingual dictionaries for libraries, schools, and the home. They can also serve as helpful take-along books for international travelers.
"The words 'concise' and 'comprehensive' describe the content of this compact book. Definitions are fuller and more examples are given than in Merriam-Webster's Spanish-English Dictionary (Merriam-Webster, 2005)"
--"The Hartford Courant", Sunday, August 26, 2007
Series: Foreign Language Guides
Number Of Pages: 1309
Published: 1st August 2006
Dimensions (cm): 22.5 x 15.7 x 5.2
Weight (kg): 1.388