"Record Label Marketing" offers a comprehensive look at the inner workings of record labels, showing how the record labels connect commercial music with consumers. In the current climate of selling music through both traditional channels and new media, authors Tom Hutchison, Paul Allen and Amy Macy carefully explain the components of the contemporary record label's marketing plan and how it is executed. This new edition is clearly illustrated throughout with figures, tables, graphs, and glossaries, and includes a valuable overview of the music industry.
"Record Label Marketing" has become essential reading for current and aspiring professionals, and for music business students everywhere. The book also has a companion website located at www.recordlabelmarketing.com.
Record Label Marketing...
* Gives you an exclusive and complete look at SoundScan and how it is used as a marketing tool
* Presents essential information on uses of new media, label publicity, advertising, retail distribution, and marketing research by record labels
* Offers insight into how successful labels use videos, promotional touring, and special products to build revenue
* Includes important specialized marketing strategies using the tools of grassroots promotion and international opportunities
* Reveals how labels are managing within their transitional digital industry
* Looks to the future of the music business - how online developments, technological diffusion, and convergence and new markets continue to reshape the industry
* Builds knowledge, learn the basics of the marketing mix, market segmentation and consumer behaviour
* Gives essential marketing strategies, understand grassroots promotion, and Internet/ New Media as well as international opportunities
* Gives vital information on label publicity, advertising, retail distribution and marketing research.
"This book covers everything you need to know if you are going to do marketing in the industry. By the time you finish reading Record Label Marketing you'll be able to create your own marketing plan for your own CD." - Clyde Rolston
Number Of Pages: 448
Published: 24th August 2009
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 23.4 x 19.0 x 2.0
Weight (kg): 0.78
Edition Number: 2