Practical Paediatrics : With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
This is the seventh edition of a highly regarded, major textbook of paediatrics. It emphasizes on differential diagnosis from a presenting-problem point of view. It covers the social and preventative aspects of child health. It covers the common diseases of childhood and their treatment with a presenting-problem approach.
It contextualises the disease in description of social, genetic and epidemiological factors. It includes clinical example boxes throughout. There are key learning points in Practical Points boxes throughout.
It features clearly sign-posted text. Plus free online access to the whole book through website, where you will also find: over 500 interactive self-assessment questions; further reading suggestions; links to other helpful online resources; and additional illustrations.
- Covers the social and preventative aspects of child health
- Covers the common diseases of childhood and their treatment with a presenting-problem approach
- Clinical examples throughout
- Key learning points in Practical Points boxes throughout
- Clearly sign-posted text
- 51 new chapter authors
- All chapters brought up to date with major re-writes of several chapters
- New chapter on Sleep Problems
- New chapter on Refugee Health
- Free online access to the whole book through www.studentconsult.com, where you will also find:
- Over 500 interactive self-assessment questions
- Further reading
- Links to other helpful online resources
- Additional illustrations
Michael South, Specialist in Intensive Care; Director, Department of General Medicine, Royal Children's Hospital; Professor and Deputy Head of Paediatrics, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia and David Isaacs, MB, BChir, MD, MRCP, FRACP, Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, The New Children's Hospital, Royal Alexandria Hospital for Children, Australia