Oxford Insight Mathematics has been substantially revised to reflect the requirements of the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics in New South Wales.
Oxford Insight Mathematics supports all students to succeed. The principles underpinning the development and structure of the series are:
- Peerless Mathematics content for student and educators
- Clear and transparent identification of the desired understandings; content and instructional design mapped to deliver those understandings
- Carefully considered introduction of concepts to optimise student understanding, retention and application
- Inquiry focus to encourage students to discover patterns and concepts for themselves
- Plenty of consolidation and review
- Assessment for, as and of learning
About the Authors
- Precisely aligned with the Australian Curriculum for NSW students
- Content fully revised and carefully scoped and sequenced to support student understanding
- Exercise sets incorporate worked examples where students actually need them
- Diagnostic tests, ample review sets and cumulative reviews
- Redesigned for clearer navigation and ease of use
John Ley is currently Assistant Principal at Xavier College, Llandilo, and a member of the 2012 HSC Assessment Committee. He was formerly Head of Mathematics at Caroline Chisholm College, NSW, and has held a number of teaching positions including Technology Coordinator, Mathematics Coordinator and Assistant Principal. John is the author of the Oxford Insight Mathematics series in NSW.
Sharee Hughes has been a teacher of Mathematics for 24 years specialising in the education of boys. She began teaching at Patrician Brothers Blacktown before leaving to start a family. Sharee is currently teaching at St Dominic’s’ College Kingswood where she has been for over 10 years. In her role she specialises in junior school mathematics education.
Michael Fuller held the position of Head of Mathematics at Killara High School in Sydney for 24 years. In his retirement, Michael is now an author on the Oxford Insight Science Mathematics series in NSW.