New York City
Lonely Planet Travel Guide : 9th Edition
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips
- hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets
- Eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, architecture, cinema, television, politics, cuisine, LGBTI culture
- Free, convenient pull-out New York City map (included in print version), plus over 45 color maps - Covers Lower Manhattan, SoHo, Chinatown, Lower East Side, Greenwich Village, Chelsea, Meatpacking District, Union Square, Midtown, Upper West Side, Harlem, Brooklyn, Queens and more
- Looking for just the highlights of New York City ? Check out Pocket New York City, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Eastern USA guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Series: Travel Guide
Number Of Pages: 448
Published: 1st August 2014
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 19.71 x 12.8 x 1.8
Weight (kg): 0.38
Edition Number: 9
This product is categorised by
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet New York City is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Discover the kaleidoscopic dining scene; pick a neighborhood, lace on your walking shoes and spend the day exploring; or get lost inside the priceless collections at the sprawling Metropolitan Museum of Art, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New York City and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's New York City Travel Guide:
About the Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)