This rich and innovative full-colour workbook comprises skills-based units that address all strands of the Australian Curriculum - Language, Literature and Literacy.
Written by some of Australia’s leading authors, this lively, student-friendly book provides eighteen skills-based units covering a wide range of popular topics
• build comprehension strategies, spelling and vocabulary development, and an understanding of grammar and language
• focuses on the concepts of culture, identity and context
• provide high-interest literary, non-literary and media texts for appreciation, understanding and analysis
• explore the structures and language features of diverse texts, including persuasive and visual texts
• offer opportunities for students to apply their skills to create written, spoken and multimodal texts
• address the cross-curriculum priorities outlined in the curriculum.
The workbook comes with 15 months access to an interactive eBook version at Macmillan's digital home, onestopdigital. Digital only access is also available.
1. Texts – purpose and audience
2. Texts and contexts
3. Narrative texts
6. How well do you spell?
7. Looking at the movies
8. The Dreaming and beyond
9. Words in action
10. Multimedia texts
11. Understanding the novel
12. Poets paint word pictures
13. The short story
16. Let’s punctuate
18. Oral communication
ISBN: 9781420229882 ISBN-10: 1420229885 Series: Macmillan Secondary National English Skills Audience:
Primary / High School
For Grades: 7 Format:
Number Of Pages: 160 Published: 4th July 2011 Publisher: Macmillan Education Australia
Country of Publication: AU Dimensions (cm): 29.7 x 21.1
Weight (kg): 0.515
Edition Number: 1