Same book, new look! Cover updated in July, 2014.
AUTHOR: Chris McMullen earned his Ph.D. in physics from Oklahoma State University and currently teaches physics at Northwestern State University of Louisiana. He developed the Improve Your Math Fluency series of workbooks to help students become more fluent in basic math skills.
CONTENTS: This practice book is designed to help students first memorize and then develop fluency with their basic multiplication facts - i.e. multiplying numbers between 0 and 10. This book is conveniently divided up into four parts:
- Part 1 features a single number so that students can master one number's multiplication facts at a time.
- Each problem in Part 2 has at least one factor that is no larger than 6, allowing students to concentrate on smaller numbers first.
- Similarly, the problems of Part 3 have at least one number as large as 6.
- Part 4 is a mixture of all multiplication facts with numbers from 0 thru 10.
- An introduction describes how parents and teachers can help students make the most of this workbook.
- A multiplication table is provided to help students who are just learning their multiplication facts.
: This is a practice workbook geared toward practicing problem-solving skills. As such, it consists of worksheets with practice problems in the spirit of old-fashioned practice sheets. This is suitable for students who need to practice basic skills, and is effective for many students. It is not one of the modern math textbooks that are designed to entertain bored students.PHOTOCOPIES
: The copyright notice permits parents/teachers who purchase one copy or borrow one copy from a library to make photocopies for their own children/students only. This is very convenient if you have multiple children/students or if a child/student needs additional practice.