The Maths Quest 7 Australian Curriculum Edition Homework Book is an integral part of supporting the Australian Mathematics Curriculum. The homework book complements the Maths Quest 7 Australian Curriculum Edition textbook with a variety of activities including homework sheets, rich tasks and fun code puzzles. It provides students, parents and teachers with an opportunity to construct a homework program that will help students to develop their mathematical skills.
Sixteen chapters contain five worksheets: two homework sheets, one rich task and two code puzzles. Chapter 1 contains six sets of 30 quick questions, and chapters 11 and 19 contain hints to tackle six randomly selected problems from the problem-solving chapters in the textbook.
The tear-out worksheets have space provided for answers and teacher feedback. The six sets of quick questions in chapter 1 encourage students to practise some basic number skills and improve their quick recall of number facts.
The homework sheets:
• begin with six Skills practice questions based on concepts taught up to Year 7
• contain carefully graded skills and application questions related to specific content in the textbook chapters
• include a Reasoning section for students to explain mathematical concepts in their own words
• finish with a Problem solving question to extend students' problem-solving skills.
The rich tasks:
• encourage students to work mathematically
• enhance problem-solving skills with links to real-life situations
• promote different levels of thinking with many open-ended questions.
The code puzzles:
• present aspects of the chapter content in an entertaining way
• provide an alternative tool to reinforce skills.
Chapters 11 and 19 complement the problem-solving chapters in the textbook by providing some scaffolding for students who have difficulty starting a problem-solving question.
Students are also provided with a Student learning matrix for each chapter as well as a Thinking about my learning page for each chapter to assist in their development as independent and reflective learners.
The book contains a grid where students may record details of their homework tasks, reflect on their performance and communicate any concerns to their teacher. Answers to all worksheets in this homework book are provided in Maths Quest 7 for the Australian Curriculum eGuidePLUS.
Chapter 1 Numeracy.
Chapter 2 Positive integers.
Chapter 3 Indices and Primes.
ICT ProjectsPLUS - We are not Alone!
Chapter 4 Rational numbers.
Chapter 5 Geometry.
Chapter 6 Decimals.
Chapter 7 Percentages.
Chapter 8 Algebra.
Chapter 9 Measurement.
ICT ProjectsPLUS - Sustainability by design.
Chapter 10 Probability.
Chapter 11 Problem Solving I.
Chapter 12 Positive & Negative Integers.
Chapter 13 Linear Equations.
Chapter 14 Representing and Interpreting Data.
Chapter 15 Coordinates and the Cartesian Plane.
Chapter 16 Transformations.
Chapter 17 Views of 3-D Shapes.
Chapter 18 Money.
Chapter 19 Problem Solving II.