Now in its 4th edition, Mastery of Your Anxiety and Panic, Therapist Guide updates, extends, and improves upon the most effective, evidence-based treatment program available for Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia.
- Program is now organized by skill, instead of by session so treatment can be tailored to the individual
- Presents breathing and thinking skills as methods for facing, rather than reducing fear and anxiety
- Focuses on learning how to face agoraphobic situations and the scary physical symptoms of panic from an entirely new perspective
- Includes a completely new chapter for adapting the treatment for effective delivery in 6 sessions within primary care settings
- Provides up-to-date information on pharmacology
Written and revised by the developers of the program, this book provides therapists will all the tools necessary to deliver effective treatment for Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia. It provides step-by-step instructions for teaching clients the skills to overcome their fear of panic and panic attacks, as well as case vignettes and techniques for addressing atypical and problematic responses.
This therapist guide is a one-of-a-kind resource that has been recommended for use by public health services around the world.
TreatmentsThatWorkTM represents the gold standard of behavioral healthcare interventions
A- All programs have been rigorously tested in clinical trials and are backed by years of research
A- A prestigious scientific advisory board, led by series Editor-In-Chief David H. Barlow, reviews and evaluates each intervention to ensure that it meets the highest standard of evidence so you can be confident that you are using the most effective treatment available to date
A- Our books are reliable and effective and make it easy for you to provide your clients with the best care available
A- Our corresponding workbooks contain psychoeducational information, forms and worksheets, and homework assignments to keep clients engaged and motivated
A- A companion website (www.oup.com/us/ttw) offers downloadable clinical tools and helpful resources
A- Continuing Education (CE) Credits are now available on select titles in collaboration with PsychoEducational Resources, Inc. (PER)
Number Of Pages: 197
Published: 11th January 2007
Dimensions (cm): 25.5 x 17.8 x 1.5
Weight (kg): 0.356