The Macquarie Early Primary Dictionary is based on its forerunner, the My First Macquarie Dictionary.
Under its new title, it has been fully revised based on the research undertaken for the fifth edition of The Macquarie Dictionary. It is written especially for 6-10 year olds who are beginning an exciting journey of discovering the world of words and their meanings.
Key features include:
- Over 4,000 colour headwords with definitions in clear, natural language
- More than 500 new words including words with an environmental theme such as fossil fuel and sustainability
- Sample sentences to show words in context
- A simple re-spelling pronunciation guide
- Aboriginal words and the language group from which they come
- Word building and an increased number of Word use entries
- Engaging alliterative sentences and art to begin each letter of the alphabet
- Alphabet index border along page edge
- Updated word lists for ten popular classroom themes to help children with their writing
- Appendices with measurement facts, mathematical shapes, endangered and vulnerable mammals, and much more
Get your BONUS Macquarie Early Primary Thesaurus with every Macquarie Early Primary Dictionary!
Series: Macquarie Series
Audience: Primary / High School
Format: Multi-Copy Pack
Published: 13th July 2010
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 24.5 x 18.0 x 3.0
Edition Number: 1