Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Japan is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Shop and dine in electric Tokyo, explore Kyoto's stunning temples and gardens, or hike the majestic Japan Alps; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Japan and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Japan Travel Guide:
• Colour maps and images throughout
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
• Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, architecture, literature, cuisine, sake,onsen (hot springs), customs and etiquette, language and more
• Free, convenient pull-out Tokyo map (included in print version), plus over 148 colour maps
• Covers Tokyo, Mt Fuji, Kyoto, Osaka, Kansai, the Japan Alps, Hokkaido, Northern Honshu (Tohoku), Okinawa & the Southwest Islands, Kyushu, Shikoku, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Japan, our most comprehensive guide to Japan, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
• Looking for just the highlights of Japan? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Japan, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
• Looking for a guide focused on Tokyo or Kyoto? Check out Lonely Planet's Tokyo guide andKyoto guide for a comprehensive look at what each of these cities has to offer; orLonely Planet's Pocket Tokyo, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
About the Author
Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Reviewed by 4 customers
Displaying reviews 1-4
Very comprehensive n accurate. Only issue is it is heavy to carry!
always terrific service and promt delivery
Useful for planning a trip to Japan. I like the layout and of the Guides. Suggested itineraries are handy to gauge time frames.
Fast and reliable service delivered to the post office.
Series: Travel Guide
Number Of Pages: 904
Published: 1st September 2015
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 19.71 x 12.8 x 3.51
Weight (kg): 0.72
Edition Number: 14
Edition Type: Revised