Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of open roads while touring Italy with Lonely Planet's Italy's Best Trips, your passport to up-to-date advice on uniquely encountering Italy via l'auto. Featuring 38 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you can weave along the precarious Amalfi Coast or relish a sunny drive in Tuscan hills, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to Italy, rent a car, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet's Italy's Best Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - 46 easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions
- Free, convenient pull-out Italy road map (included in print version)
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices, Italian road signs key
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Driving Problem Buster, Detours, and Link Your Trip
- Covers Rome, Venice, Pompeii, Dolomites, Cinque Terre, Florence, Amalfi Coast, Lake Como, Valle d'Aosta, Tuscany, Milan, Piedmont, Italian Riviera, Abruzzo, Umbria, Emilia-Romagna, Naples, Puglia, Sardinia, Sicily and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Italy's Best Trips is perfect for exploring Italy via the road and discovering sights that are moreaccessible by car.
- Planning an Italian trip sans a car? Lonely Planet's Italy guide, our most comprehensive guide to Italy is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems. Looking for just Italy's highlights? Check out Discover Italy, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on a specific Italian city? Check out Lonely Planet's Rome guide, Florence & Tuscany guide, and Venice & the Veneto guide for a comprehensive look at all that these cities have to offer, or Pocket Rome, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
There's More in Store for You:
- See more of Europe's picturesque country sides and have a richer, more authentic experience by exploring Europe by car with Lonely Planet's European Best Trips guides to France and Ireland. Or start with our FREE SAMPLER 'Europe's Best Trips: 3 Amazing Road Trips,' with excerpts from each guide to help you pick which region to explore first.
- Also, check out Lonely Planet's USA Best Trips guides to USA, California, New England, Southwest USA, New York & the Mid-Atlantic, Florida & the South, and The Pacific Northwest and our FREE SAMPLER 'USA's Best Trips: 7 Amazing Road Trips' for more road trip inspiration.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Paula Hardy, Duncan Garwood and Robert Landon.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.