The most important thing you need for a successful interview is confidence. This fiercely practical book will give you just that!
Are you facing a crucial interview and don't want to risk losing that job because you lack confidence or you think your interview skills aren't up to scratch? Fiercely practical, this book could be the answer to all your problems. Whether you only have a few hours to prepare or a few weeks, Julie Gray will guide you through all the techniques and strategies you need to give yourself the edge in a competitive market.
Areas covered include:
- Assessing whether you really want the job
- 5 things interviewers want to know about you
- Different interview types, including assessments centres
- Knowing yourself and what you want
- Researching your potential employer
- What to expect in the questions
- Knowing how to answer
- Knowing what you want to ask them
- Planning ahead
- Getting into the zone: confidence boosters
- How to dress, behave and speak
- Tricky questions and how to handle them
- Clawing back the positive when things don't go to plan
Quick and easy to use, 'Interview Success' makes it easy to focus on the areas of importance from avoiding clich d answers to dealing with scary interviewers!
About The Author
Julie Gray (Hampshire, UK) works on interview skills and CVs with The CV Centre and a range of interview clients, and also works as a freelance expert for several major corporations.
Number Of Pages: 224
Published: 10th January 2012
Dimensions (cm): 19.7 x 13.2 x 1.4
Weight (kg): 0.22