Now in full colour and updated to reflect the 2010 ECC guidelines, Huszar's Basic Dysrhythmias and Acute Coronary Syndromes, 4th Edition is structured to match the order in which you learn specific skills: ECG components are presented first, followed by information on how to interpret ECGs to arrive at a diagnosis. More complex material follows basic skills, with advanced sections at the end.
Packaged with a free companion CD with 200 practice rhythms and a free heart rate ruler, this edition has been updated throughout and comes loaded with extras designed to enhance your learning.
- Expert authorship from original author Dr. Robert Huszar and continuing author Dr. Keith Wesley, brings over 40 years of combined field experience to the text and maintain its relevancy to prehospital and hospital providers.
Expert panel of reviewers who specialize in ECG interpretation and emergency cardiovascular care also ensure that the material is accurate, current and universal.
- Coverage of both basic and advanced concepts incorporates the latest research developments and provides material that is pertinent to both beginning and experienced prehospital care providers.
- Chapters 1-15 cover ECG basics, 3-lead interpretation and treatment of dysrhythmias, pacemaker rhythms and more.
- Chapters 16-19 cover acute coronary syndromes, thrombus formation, and advanced treatment options.
- Companion CD offers even more practice with 200 practice rhythm self-assessment exercises and answers in PowerPoint format.
- Drug Caution boxes provide valuable tips and reminders on drug use and administration.
- Patient care algorithms show you step-by-step management and treatment.
- Chapter summaries reinforce major concepts and tie information together.
- Chapter review questions test your understanding of key topics.
- Heart rate calculator ruler is included free in every text.
- Advanced level treatment material, such as complete thrombus formation, treatment and management offers critical information for both the hospital setting and the EMS setting.
- Self-assessment answer keys allow you to check your own work for self-evaluation.
- Chapter outline offers a quick overview of each chapter's content.
- Learning Objective boxes allow you to check off mastered information.
- Key terms help you learn essential vocabulary and reinforce basic concepts.
- Illustrations aid comprehension of difficult concepts.
- Notes sections provide a place to write down your lecture notes and keep information in one place for review.
New to this Edition
- Updated content throughout ensures all chapters comply with the latest ECC guidelines.
- Full-colour design makes it easier for you to follow the content and distinguish the sections of the text.
- Expansion of content for acute coronary syndromes, including description, diagnosis, and management, allows you to learn the latest standards in advanced cardiovascular care.
- Ten additional case studies with questions in the Arrhythmia Self-Assessment Test in Appendix C help you see the whole picture when interpreting an ECG rhythm.
- Deserves Multiple Readings
- Easy To Understand
- Well Written
Anatomy and Physiology of the Heart
The ECG: Basic Components and Lead Monitoring
Components of the Electrocardiogram
ECG Interpretation: Rhythm Determination
Atrioventricular Heart Blocks
Clinical Significance and Dysrhythmias
The 12-lead Electrocardiogram
Electrical Axes and Vectors
Bundle Branch and Fascicular Blocks
Pacemaker Rhythm Management
Misc ECG Changes Other Assorted ECG Findings
Acute Coronary Syndromes
Diagnostic ECG Changes in Specific Myocardial Infarctions
Signs and Symptoms of Acute Coronary Syndromes
Management of Acute Coronary Syndromes
Appendix A: Methods of Determining the QRS Axis
Appendix B: Chapter Review Question Answer Keys
Appendix C: Dysrhythmia Interpretation: Self-Assessment
Appendix D: Self-Assessment Answer Keys
Number Of Pages: 524
Published: 9th March 2011
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 27.6 x 21.6
Weight (kg): 1.27
Edition Number: 4