Take the first steps to
small business success with this essential introductory guide
Are you thinking about starting your own small business but don't
know where to begin? Or have you recently begun trading and discovered
it's not as easy as you thought? This easy-to-follow guide covers the
small business basics, and includes handy tips and tricks to help you
develop your business idea and ensure you're primed for success.
- Weigh up the pros and cons of being your own boss -- discover the realities of working for yourself and whether it's right for you
- Develop a winning business plan -- formulate your goals and build a unique business strategy
- Assess the state of the market -- define your customers, test your product and analyse the competition
- Pick a business structure -- choose what kind of business is best for you
- Understand the fine print -- learn how to meet legal requirements with confidence
- Stay in the black -- understand Profit and Loss statements and learn how to budget
- Build good employee relationships -- discover which workplace legislation applies to you
- Sell yourself with flair -- market your new business in the right way and at the right time
About The Author: Veechi Curtis is a qualified accountant and consultant who specialises in small business finance, marketing and technology. She is the author of several business titles, including Small Business For Dummies, 3rd Edition, MYOB Software For Dummies, 6th Edition, and QuickBooks QBi For Dummies.
Series: For Dummies Ser.
Number Of Pages: 232
Published: 2nd September 2009
Dimensions (cm): 21.3 x 13.7 x 1.5
Weight (kg): 0.231