New Orleans is once again a massively popular destination, on the bucket lists of many travelers. Our author, Diana K. Schwam, has written four books and numerous articles about New Orleans, where her long-ago desire to become a resident followed, she says, a familiar sequence: Vacation, Enrapture, Home Ownership, and Weight Gain.
The book is updated yearly and printed in large, easy-to-read type. It contains information on:
- The world-famous cuisine of the city's unique restaurants
- The vibrant music and nightlife scene
- New Orleans’ much-acclaimed museums and the architecture and history of the French Quarter, Garden District, and other famous locales.
- The city’s lodging options, with frank assessments of what’s worth your vacation budget and what isn’t
- 16-page photo guide with vibrant photographs, at the front of the book plus black and white photos throughout
The book also includes special sections for those who are visiting during Mardi Gras and Jazz Fest; and day trips to nearby plantations and nature sights. Finally, there’s exact pricing for every item in the book, along with transportation tips, to help make your vacation worry free.
About the Author
Diana K. Schwam, writer and strategic marketing consultant, has authored four books and numerous articles about New Orleans. She followed a familiar path to the city: vacation; enrapture; home-ownership; weight gain. Ms. Schwam has a high tolerance level for fleur de lis iconography and rejects those who reject the accordion. She resides in New Orleans, LA.
Series: Easy Guides
Number Of Pages: 304
Published: 1st March 2017
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 20.4 x 13.1
Weight (kg): 0.32
Edition Number: 4
Edition Type: Revised