- More than 350 illustrations and photographs of manual applications
- Questions and activities at the end of each chapter
- Comprehensive glossary
- Evidence for massage therapy completely revised and updated
- Inclusion of references to legislative and regulatory information to massage therapy practitioners
- Expanded anatomy illustrations in full colour appendices
- A more comprehensive chapter on pregnancy massage updated by well known international author Suzanne Yates
- A more comprehensive chapter on infant massage
- History chapter has been expanded to include influences on the massage industry from Europe and North America
Table of Contents
Foreword Contributors Acknowledgements Preface A Framework for Massage Practice Philosophies, principles and definitions History of massage Massage and it's role in an integrative health care model The importance of touch The Professional Therapist Scope of practice, ethics and law in massage therapy practice Defining boundaries in the client practitioner relationship The evidence for massage therapy Preparing for Massage Practice The massage setting Self care for the massage therapist Infection control in massage therapy practice Making Initial Contact with the Client The health assessment process Precautions and safe practice for massage Pharmacological considerations for massage therapy practice Providing the Massage Treatment Body mechanics for the practice of massage Positioning and draping the client The techniques Swedish massage Applying massage in practice Massage for Specific Client Groups Massage for clients with special needs Massage during pregnancy Massage for infants Anatomical terminology The human skeleton Overview of the muscular system Glossary Table of Contents provided by Publisher. All Rights Reserved.
Number Of Pages: 350
Published: 22nd December 2009
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 29.5 x 20.8 x 2.0
Weight (kg): 0.91
Edition Number: 3
This product is categorised byNon-Fiction » Family & Health » Fitness & Diet » Massage
Non-Fiction » Medicine » Complementary Medicine
Non-Fiction » Mind, Body, Spirit » Complementary Therapies » Traditional Medicine & Herbal Remedies » Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture
Text Books » Higher Education & Vocational Textbooks » Health Care
Foundations of Massage 3e is a comprehensive practical and theoretical foundation for all aspects of massage therapy.
The book prepares students for clinical practice through the presentation of step by step techniques and treatments. This revision of this Australian text for the practice of massage therapy includes new material on specialised application of massage, such as providing services for people with disabilities, working in aged care and providing services for people with chronic disease states and life challenging illnesses.