Two and a half millennia ago, the artifact appeared in a remote corner of space, beside a trillion-year-old dying sun from a different universe. It was a perfect black-body sphere, and it did nothing. Then it disappeared.
Now it is back.
'Banks is a phenomenon ... wildly successful, fearlessly creative' William Gibson
'Thrilling, affecting and comic ... probably the finest science fiction he has written to date' New Scientist
'Banks has rewritten the libretto for the whole space-opera genre' The Times
* 'Gripping, touching and funny' TLS
* 'The story is vital and urgent and has a brilliantly subtle resolution ... wildly enjoyable' INTERZONE
* 'A dizzying adventure' Daily Mail
* 'Explosive but tender' SUNDAY TIMES
* 'Poetic, humorous, baffling, terrifying, sexy- the books of Iain M Banks are all these things and more.' NME
* 'There is no British SF writer to whose work I look forward to with greater keeness.' THE TIMES
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Excession:
Iain M. Banks. The authors name speaks for itself. This man is legend. Do your imagination a favour and read anything he has written. RIP.
Gripping, touching and funny - TLSThe story is vital and urgent and has a brilliantly subtle resolution ... wildly enjoyable - INTERZONEA dizzying adventure - DAILY MAILExplosive but tender - SUNDAY TIMES
Number Of Pages: 464
Published: 4th August 1997
Publisher: Little, Brown Book Group
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 19.8 x 13.0 x 2.9
Weight (kg): 0.33
Edition Number: 1