Vegan chef of one of the top 50 food blogs on the Web, HappyHerbivore.com, Lindsay Nixon, gives hundreds of thousands of her followers recipes each month, showing that the vegan diet is not only healthy but delicious, too.
Now, Nixon combines some of her tastiest recipes in The Happy Herbivore Cookbook, each made with no added fats, using only whole, plant-based foods. It’s easy to make great food at home using the fewest number of ingredients and ones that can easily be found at any store, on any budget.
The Happy Herbivore Cookbook includes:
• A variety of recipes from quick and simple to decadent and advanced
• Helpful hints and cooking tips, from basic advice such as how to steam potatoes to more specific information about which bread, tofu or egg replacer works best in a recipe
• An easy-to-use glossary demystifying any ingredients that may be new to the reader
• Healthy insight: Details on the health benefits and properties of key ingredients
• Pairing suggestions with each recipe to help make menu planning easy and painless
• Allergen-free recipes, including gluten-free, soy-free, corn-free, and sugar-free
With a conventionally organized format; easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions; nutritional analyses, colorful photographs; funny blurbs at the beginning of each recipe; helpful tips throughout; and chef’s notes suggesting variations for each dish, even the most novice cook will find healthy cooking easy—and delicious!
Number Of Pages: 240
Published: 18th January 2011