QuickBooks 2009 has impressive features, like financial and tax reporting, invoicing, payroll, time and mileage tracking, and online banking. So how do you avoid spending more time learning the software than using it? This Missing Manual takes you beyond QuickBooks' help resources: you not only learn how the program works, but why and when to use specific features. You also get basic accounting advice so that everything makes sense.
QuickBooks can handle many of the financial tasks small companies face. QuickBooks 2009: The Missing Manual helps you handle QuickBooks with easy step-by-step instructions. With this book, you will:
- Get more out of QuickBooks whether you're a beginner or an old pro.
- Learn how QuickBooks can help you boost sales, control spending, and save on taxes.
- Set up and manage your files to fit your company's specific needs.
- Use QuickBooks reports to evaluate every aspect of your enterprise.
- Follow the money all the way from customer invoices to year-end tasks.
- Discover new timesaving features like like better multi-user performance, a homepage dashboard, revamped online banking.
- Build budgets and plan for the future to make your business more successful.
QuickBooks 2009: The Missing Manual covers only QuickBooks 2009 for Windows.
Setting up QuickBooks: Creating a company file -- Getting around in QuickBooks -- Setting up a chart of accounts -- Setting up customers and jobs -- Setting up invoice items -- Setting up other QuickBooks lists -- Managing QuickBooks files -- BookKeeping: Paying for expenses -- Invoicing -- Producing statements -- Transaction timesavers -- Managing accounts receivable -- Doing payroll -- Bank accounts, credit cards, and petty cash -- Making journal entries -- Generating financial statements -- Performing end-of-year tasks -- Managing your business: managing inventory -- Budgeting and planning -- Tracking your business with reports -- QuickBooks power: Online banking services -- Configuring preferences to fit your company -- Intergrating quickBooks with other programs -- Customizing QuickBooks -- Keeping your QuickBooks data secure -- Appendixes A: Installing QuickBooks -- Appendixes B: Help, support, and other resources -- Appendixes C: Keyboard shortcuts.
Number Of Pages: 736
Published: 31st October 2008