An evangelical theologian who has researched and practices Benedictine spirituality offers an accessible introduction to this time-tested practice.
1. What's a Good (Protestant Evangelical) Boy Doin' in a Monastery?
2. Why Benedictine Spirituality for Protestants?
3. Learning to Listen
4. Poverty: Sharing the Goods
5. Obedience: Objectifying Providence
6. Humility: Letting Go of the Mask
7. Hospitality: The Guest as Christ
8. Stability: Staying Put to Get Somewhere
9. Balance: God in Everything
10. To Change the World!
Afterword: Why the Protestant Reformers Opposed Monasticism
Suggestions for Practicing Benedictine Spirituality
For Ages: 1 - 17 years old
Published: 1st December 2007