Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet New York City Guide is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Stand and applaud a razzle-dazzle Broadway show, take in the iconic skyline during a ferry ride toward Lady Liberty's beckoning torch, or stroll along Central Park's elm-lined walkways; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New York City and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet New York City Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, cinema, music, architecture, nightlife, fashion, and cuisine
- Free, convenient pull-out New York City map (included in print version), plus 45 color neighborhood maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Travel with Children, and Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar)
- Coverage of Lower Manhattan, SoHo, Chinatown, Lower East Side, Greenwich Village, Chelsea, Meatpacking District, Union Square, Flatiron District, Gramercy, Midtown, Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Harlem, Brooklyn, Queens, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalize your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet New York City Guide, our most comprehensive guide to New York City, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for just the highlights of New York City? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover New York City, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions, or Lonely Planet's Pocket New York City, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Eastern USA guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Brandon Presser, Cristian Bonetto, and Carolina A. Miranda.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.