Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover Great Britain is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Ponder the mysteries of Stonehenge, blend medieval with modern during a London city tour, or follow a round of golf with a wee dram of Scottish whisky; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Great Britain and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover Great Britain:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, music, architecture, sport, politics, landscapes, food, drink, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out London map (included in print version), plus over 30 colour local maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Travel with Kids
- Coverage of London, Oxford, Central England, Bath, Southwest England, York, Northern England, Wales, Edinburgh, Central Scotland, Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover Great Britain, our easy-to-use guide, is perfect for travellers who seek the most popular attractions a destination has to offer. Filled with inspiring and colourful photos, this guide focuses on the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all the country has to offer? Check out Lonely Planet's Great Britain guide.
- Looking for a guide to London? Check out Lonely Planet's London guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover London, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Oliver Berry, Fionn Davenport, Marc Di Duca, Belinda Dixon, Peter Dragicevich, David Else, Damian Harper, Anna Kaminski, Catherine Le Nevez, Fran Parnell, Andy Symington, and Neil Wilson.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community