At last: Drupal made truly easy!
Master Drupal 7 hands-on, step-by-step, through easy examples from a leading Drupal trainer!
Drupal 7 is an amazingly powerful web content management system. But many newcomers find it confusing, and most Drupal books are just too complicated to help. If you want to spend less time struggling with complex instructions, and more time building sites that make you proud, this is the book for you!
Top Drupal trainer Stephen Burge teaches everything you need to know—and nothing you don’t need to know! You’ll master Drupal one easy step at a time, through a complete, real-world sample project. You’ll find crystal-clear visuals, simple explanations, perfect analogies—all extensively tested with real Drupal beginners.
This Guide’s quick, easy coverage includes
• Planning a site that will be easy to build and manage
• Installing Drupal and setting it up to work reliably and securely
• Quickly finding the Drupal tools and features you’re looking for
• Mastering an easy 3-step workflow for creating new content
• Delivering more interesting content with fields and new content types
• Creating intuitive site structures and user navigation
• Adding powerful site features with just a few clicks
• Completely redesigning your site in minutes with Themes
• Adding site search, registration, and more
• Presenting content in tables, lists, grids, or photo galleries
• Creating advanced layouts and 2- or 3-column designs
• Controlling what users on your site can see and do
• Preparing your site for launch
• Administering and updating a live site efficiently and safely
Drupal 7 Explained requires absolutely no experience with Drupal, content management, website construction,
programming, scripting, or even HTML. Stephen Burge has taught thousands of beginners—and thousands more
who’ve experimented with Drupal but haven’t mastered it yet. Nobody knows more about guiding Drupal users up the
learning curve—from confusion to results!
Number Of Pages: 479
Published: 15th May 2013
Edition Number: 1