Part of the NOFA Guides series.
Information on composting techniques, including:
- Principles and biology of composting
- Temperature, aeration and moisture control
- Composting methods
- Materials (additives and inoculants, biodynamic preparations)
- About costs (site preparation, equipment, labor and time)
- What do you do with it?
- Compost tea and other brewed microbial cultures
- Compost and the law
With extended appendices including a recipe calculator, potting mix recipes, and a sample compost production budget sheet.
Why compost? -- Principles and biology of composting -- Temperature, moisture, and aeration -- Composting methods -- Materials -- About costs -- When is compost finished? and how is it applied? -- Compost tea and other brewed microbial cultures -- Compost and the law.
Number Of Pages: 104
Published: 23rd June 2011
Edition Type: Revised and upd