It's the summer holidays, the weather's great, and all the kids are
having fun outside. So where's Greg Heffley? Inside his house, playing
video games with the shades drawn.
Greg, a self-confessed 'indoor person,' is living out his ultimate summer fantasy: no responsibilities and no rules. But Greg's mom has a different vision for an ideal summer . . . one packed with outdoor activities and 'family togetherness.'
Whose vision will win out? Or will a new addition to the Heffley family change everything?
Ten Things You Don't Know about Jeff Kinney
1. He still doesn't have to shave too often.
2. His first decent drawing was of a turtle at the age of 3 (Jeff, not the turtle).
3. He plays the piano "very, very poorly."
4. Jeff's brother Scott has written one of the songs in the movie, Diary of A Wimpy Kid.
5. He created the kids' website Poptropica.com.
6. His favourite computer games are the Mario Kart series.
7. His favourite sandwich is peanut butter and jelly (eeeuw).
8. His favourite song is 'Brownville Girl' by Bob Dylan.
9. He has two brothers and a sister.
10. At one stage he studied to become a federal law enforcement officer.
About The Author
Jeff Kinney is an online game developer and designer, and a number 1 New York Times bestselling author. In 2009, Jeff was named one of Time magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World. He spent his childhood in the Washington, D.C., area and moved to New England in 1995. Jeff lives in southern Massachusetts with his wife and their two sons.
I really should only have to mention the Wimpy Kid series to have you jumping up and down with excitement. Greg Heffley's stories about life at school, at home and with his big brother have had children in stitches, and volume four won't disappoint. Dog Days is set during the school holidays which Greg is spending inside, dodging the sunlight. He has always been an 'indoor person' (his words, not mine) and his dream summer holiday involves lots of video games, lots of relaxation, and very little responsibility. His ideal summer is threatened, however, when his mother lays out her idea of a great summer holiday - lots of outdoor activities and family togetherness. And for Greg, family togetherness means lots of time with his evil big brother Roderick. This has been THE series for reluctant readers - Jeff Kinney's part novel/part comic creation is perfect for grabbing readers' attention, and the hilarious plot lines ensure that the audience remains hooked. This book was released worldwide on October 13th so what are you waiting for? This is a book not to be missed!
Series: Diary of a Wimpy Kid
For Ages: 7 - 11 years old
For Grades: 3 - 6
Number Of Pages: 230
Published: 13th October 2009
Dimensions (cm): 19.7 x 12.9 x 1.600
Weight (kg): 19.7