Sorry, the book that you are looking for is not available right now.
We did a search for other books with a similar title, and found some results for you that may be helpful.
Does the thought of baking a cake conjure up a nightmare vision of a 15-ft layer cake, scrolled and fluted with decorations fit for a king? If the word 'dessert' just throws you into a cold sweat, the inside scoop on desserts is: they’re actually simple to make. And with the right help...well, just a piece of cake.
In the end, desserts are no harder to make than entrées. And with Desserts For Dummies, you’ll cut even a Wedding Cake recipe down to size, flip Crepes Suzette with aplomb, and throw together a batch of Chocolate Truffles your local chocolatier will envy. And with this handy, down-to-earth guide from a leading pastry chef and a former New York Times restaurant critic, you’ll discover the proper way to read a dessert recipe, organize your ingredients, and also how to:
- Think like a sweet chef—including basic tips on measuring, weighing, presenting, gauging cooking time, and pairing desserts with meals
- Stock a pantry, and use leftovers creatively (such as caramel and meringue)
- Set up a kitchen—including tips on counter height and ovens
- Select the right cooking tools and how to use them
Before you know it, you’ll start creating desserts that you’ve only dreamed of, like:
- Pies and tarts—including Mom’s Apple Pie, Banana Cream Pie, Raspberry Tart, and Linzertorte
- Puff pastry, cream puffs, and éclairs—Classic Puff Pastry, Profiteroles, Napoleons, and Eclairs
- Crepes and blinis—including Crepes Suzette and Chocolate Blinis with Diced Bananas
- Custards and puddings—including Zabaglione, Vanilla Pastry Cream, Traditional Bread Pudding, and Rice Pudding
- Homemade cakes—including Whipped Cream Layer Cake, Classic Chocolate Mousse Layer Cake, and Yellow Chiffon Cake with Chocolate Frosting
With over 130 delicious recipes to choose from, plus sixteen pages of color photos, a summary cheatsheet of baking essentials, black-and-white how-to illustrations, and humorous cartoons along the way, Desserts For Dummies brings the world of delicious, elegant desserts right to your kitchen. And a little magic into the lives of your friends and family.
Series: For Dummies Ser.
Number Of Pages: 408
Published: 22nd September 1997
Dimensions (cm): 23.37 x 18.54 x 2.54
Edition Number: 1