Creating an Australian Garden
A gloriously illustrated guide to planning the design and choosing the right plants to make a rich and sumptuous garden featuring Australian natives from the ABC Australian garden guru.
ngus Stewart has worked for decades on selecting and breeding Australian plants to make them more gardener-friendly. Creating an Australian Garden not only passes on the knowledge gained from Angus's extensive experience as a plant breeder-it empowers us all to unlock the secrets of cleverly designed Australian gardens that provide year-round colour, vibrant foliage and havens for wildlife. Creating an Australian Garden contains practical tips on:
- Planning a garden from scratch
- Adapting an existing garden
- Using water-saving methods
- Creating mounds and raised beds to ensure
- The drainage many Australian plants require
- Growing native plants in containers
- Choosing the best plants for your environment
- Easy-to-follow basics of soil preparation
- 450 of the best Australian plant varieties, including many that are newly released.
About the Author
Angus Stewart's groundbreaking work with native plants and his appearances on ABC Radio's Weekends with Simon Marnie and ABC TV's Gardening Australia have seen him emerge as Australia's leading expert when it comes to native plants and their untapped possibilities.
Creating an Australian Garden won Book Laurel for best general gardening book at the Horticultural Media Association of Australia in 2011.