Contract: Cases and Materials, 12th Edition, continues to be a leading casebook for students of contract law in Australia. Significant new legislation and cases extracted in this edition include:
- the Australian Consumer Law;
- new provisions in the Electronic Transactions Acts;
- United Group Rail Services Limited v Rail Corporation New South Wales  NSWCA 177; (2009) 74 NSWLR 618 (agreements to negotiate in good faith);
- Saleh v Romanous  NSWCA 274 (promissory estoppel and the parol evidence rule);
- Masterton Homes Pty Ltd v Palm Assets Pty Ltd  NSWCA 234 (incorporating terms);
- Western Export Services v Jireh International Pty Ltd  HCA45 (contract interpretation and construing terms);
- Tabcorp Holdings Ltd v Bowen Investments Pty Ltd  HCA 8; (2009) 236 CLR 272 (rectification damages);
- Agricultural and Rural Finance Pty Ltd v Gardiner  HCA 57; (2008) 238 CLR 570 (loss of right to terminate by waiver); and
- Master Education Services Pty Ltd v Ketchell  HCA 38; (2008) 236 CLR 101 (statutory illegality).
Reflecting the way that contract law is taught in Australian professional entry law courses, students will find Contract: Cases and Materials, 12th Edition ideally suited to their course requirements.
Tertiary; University or College
Published: 16th December 2011
Publisher: Thomson Reuters Australia, Limited
Country of Publication: AU
Edition Number: 12