Complete English Basics 4 is the second in a series of four workbooks for junior to middle secondary students. This second edition covers the essential language and literacy skills that underpin the Australian Curriculum. It includes two completely new units, 'Images and Words' and 'Factual Texts,' which provide a wider range of comprehension texts and additional language exercises to support the curriculum. As before, the units are all organised into four distinct sections: comprehension, spelling and vocabulary, language and punctuation.
The new units contain:
• exciting new comprehension texts, including visual texts
• additional vocabulary development and spelling practice
• increased language and punctuation work, including sentences, clauses, phrases, word families and paragraphs
Each action-packed unit is organised into four distinct sections:
* Spelling and vocabulary
* Punctuation or hints for writing
• ideal for both class work and homework.
• an outstanding variety of exercises in the context of high-interest topics
• concise explanations of grammar and punctuation rules
• sequential development of language skills
• a revised back-of-the-book dictionary that students use in every unit
Each workbook comes with a code for 15 months access to an eBook, available at Macmillan's digital home.
A Teacher Book, containing all answers, provides support for this workbook.
Series: Macmillan Secondary Complete English Basics
Audience: Primary / High School
Number Of Pages: 136
Published: 8th August 2011
Publisher: Macmillan Education Australia
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 27.8 x 21.2 x 0.9
Weight (kg): 0.347
Edition Number: 2