Lonely Planet Best of Rome is your passport to the Rome's top sights and most authentic experiences.
Toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain, dine like a local in Trastevere, and blow your mind on the Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums; all with your trusted travel companion. Offering visually-inspiring content along with the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you, this photo-rich, user-friendly guide makes planning fun and easy. Discover the best of Rome and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Best of Rome:
- In-depth coverage of the destination's must-see sights along with hidden gems that most guidebooks miss to get you to the heart of a place
- Intuitively organized with essential information at your fingertips
- Eye-catching full-colour design and easy-to-use layout with maps and images throughout
- Annotated images that bring a destination to life
- Practical planning and transport tools including a fold-out map (included in print version) that gives instant access to must-see sights to help you navigate as you plot out your itinerary
- Short and extended itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests to make the most of your time on the road
- Insider tips and insights to save time and money, avoid crowds and trouble spots, and to get to know the destination like a local
- Honest recommendations for all budgets
- Cultural insights and background information to put top sights and experiences in context and to give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience (includes cuisine, art, architecture, history, wine, sport, and etiquette)
- Free, convenient pull-out Rome map (included in print version)
- Covers Trastevere, Gianicolo, Centro Storico, Ancient Rome, Tridente, Trevi, Quirinale, Vatican City, Villa Borghese, Borgo, Prati and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Best of Rome , our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colourful photos, focuses on Rome's most popular attractions and authentic experiences for those looking for the best of the best and have minimal time for planning.
- Also looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences and extensively covers all of the ins and outs of the city's neighborhoods? Check out Lonely Planet Rome guide.
- Or check out Pocket Rome, a handy-sized guide focused on only the absolutely can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Also be sure to check out Lonely Planet Italy for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Best of Italy, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Series: Travel Guide
Number Of Pages: 288
Published: 7th September 2016
Publisher: Lonely Planet Global Limited
Country of Publication: IE
Dimensions (cm): 19.8 x 12.8
Weight (kg): 0.31
Edition Number: 1