We're a nation of countless bathrooms that are on the brink of being torn apart, redesigned, and remodeled. Bathrooms are big! They've gone from being a convenience to a luxury. Welcome to Bathroom Remodeling For Dummies, where you'll discover how to transform your bathroom from blah to beautiful and inefficient to well-designed.
Remodeling a bathroom is a challenge – it's action-oriented and requires extra energy and stamina. But you, undoubtedly, realize it's a challenge you want to take on. This guide can help if you
- Want to make your home more livable and enjoyable by updating, expanding, or improving the bathroom
- Want to find out how to begin the process of appraising your present bathroom so you can improve it
- Don't want to be pressured into selecting materials and fixtures because you want to see everything that's available and know all your options
- Want to know what's involved in demolishing the walls and removing the fixtures and cabinets, and how to install new ones
- Want to decide if you should hire help or do the work yourself
Bathroom Remodeling For Dummies is organized to provide lots of useful information that is easily accessible. You'll uncover tips about:
- Making the most of space in your bathroom
- Taking control and planning the project
- Finding fabulous fixtures, vanities, and faucets
- Decorating the walls, windows, and more
- Creating storage space
You maybe be asking yourself, 'Can I remodel my bathroom without spending every penny I have, destroying the harmony of my house, and breaking the spirit of everyone involved?' The answer is yes. Bathroom Remodeling For Dummies can help.
Part I: Bathroom Spaces: Ahhh, the Possibilities.
Chapter 1: Reinventing Your Bathroom with a Splash.
Chapter 2: Designing the Bathroom That's Right for You.
Chapter 3: Warning: Bathroom Work Zone Ahead.
Chapter 4: Tooling Around.
Chapter 5: Selecting Surface Materials 101.
Part II: Taking Control: Planning the Project.
Chapter 6: Establishing a Budget, Finding the $.
Chapter 7: Doing It Yourself or Hiring a Pro.
Chapter 8: Behind the Scenes of Your Bathroom.
Part III: Fabulous Fixtures, Vanities, and Faucets.
Chapter 9: Go Flush! Selecting and Installing a Toilet.
Chapter 10: Rub a Dub Dub! All About Tubs.
Chapter 11: Showered with Possibilities.
Chapter 12: Bowled Over: Basins, Cabinets, Countertops, and Faucets.
Part IV: Winning Ways with Walls, Windows, and More.
Chapter 13: Walls and Ceilings Finished to Perfection.
Chapter 14: Floored by the Choices.
Chapter 15: Getting Creative with Doors and Windows
Chapter 16: Let There Be Light!
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 17: Ten Ways to Increase Storage Space in a Bathroom.
Chapter 18: Ten Easy Bathroom Decorating Ideas.
Chapter 19: Ten Great Remodeling Web Sites.
Series: For Dummies (Lifestyles Paperback)
Number Of Pages: 360
Published: 12th September 2003
Dimensions (cm): 23.4 x 19.1 x 2.142
Weight (kg): 0.582