Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket Bangkok is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Gaze at the blinged-out structures of Wat Phra Kaew temple, ogle at Wat Pho's reclining Buddha, or visit Jim Thompson's house for exquisite artwork; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Bangkok and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket Bangkok:
• Full-colour maps and images throughout
• Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
• Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
• Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
• Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
• Free, convenient pull-out Bangkok map (included in print version), plus over 15 colour neighbourhood mapsv • User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhoods to help you determine the best spots to spend your timev • Useful features - including Worth a Trip, Best Walks, and For Kids
• Coverage of Banglamphu, Chinatown, Ko Ratanakosin, Thonburi, Siam Square, Pratunam, Ploenchit, Sukhumvit, Riverside, Silom, Lumphini, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket Bangkok is a handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, providing on-the-go assistance to travellers who seek only the can't-miss experiences. Colourful and easy-to-use, this neighbourhood-focused guide includes unique local recommendations to maximise your quick trip experience.
Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all of Bangkok's neighbourhoods? Check outLonely Planet Bangkok.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet Thailandfor a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet Discover Thailand,a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
About the Author
Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Austin Bush.
Series: Travel Guide
Number Of Pages: 192
Published: 1st June 2015
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 15.29 x 10.59 x 1.09
Weight (kg): 0.19
Edition Number: 5
Edition Type: Revised