Click here to see inside this book.
This market leading Automotive Mechanics text has been completely updated with new and revised content covering all the most relevant developments in the Australian automotive industry.
The eighth edition of May and Simpson's Automotive Mechanics covers principles, applications and general servicing requirements that relate to passenger and light commercial vehicles. With full-colour illustrations and photographs, this new edition provides thorough coverage of the most relevant developments in the Australian automotive industry.
This renowned series addresses the requirements of the Automotive Industry Retail, Service and Repair Training Package (AUR05). A competency grid links the book's content to the Training Package's competencies to ensure teachers and students are meeting all necessary requirements. Click here to view the competency grid.
The two volumes of Automotive Mechanics encourage students' understanding by using practical explanations and design features such as safety tips, handy hints, review questions, technical terms and glossary.
* Completely Australian content mapped to the relevant competencies in the AUR05 training package. Click Here to view the competency grid
* A brand new part covering Alternative Drive Systems, written in response to the increasing use of hybrid and fuel cell drive systems
* Coverage of the latest developments in audio and digital technology such as bluetooth navigation, hands-free mobile phones, GPS, DVD players, MP3s and iPods * Additional information on workshop safety, including handling hazardous materials, storage and emergency procedures
* Developments in new technology added to each chapter including direct injection LPG, 6-speed transmission and duel-clutch transmission
* Completely rewritten sections on engine management, fuel injection systems and ignition systems, including additional detail on oscilloscopes for diagnosis and testing
* Updated information on Environmental issues with legislative changes
* Full colour photos and illustrations
Audience: Tertiary; University or College
Published: August 2009
Dimensions (cm): 28.1 x 21.0 x 3.0
Weight (kg): 1.96