Dr. Christiane Northrup’s vision of mind-body wellness has received an extraordinary response from women all over the world. Her groundbreaking classic, Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom, powerfully demonstrates that when women change the basic conditions of their lives that lead to health problems, they heal faster, more completely, and with far fewer medical interventions.
Here in this revised edition is the most up-to-date information available on the entire range of women’s health concerns, including:
- A nutrition chapter emphasizing individual dietary needs and body chemistry
- Information on improving fertility after age 35–and how to cut the risk of C-section by 50 percent
- A comprehensive program for menopause, including how to decide whether natural hormone replacement is right
- Holistic ways to prepare and heal faster if surgery is necessary
- Plus dozens of natural treatments and a wealth of hard-to-find health care resources
Filled with dramatic case histories from her medical practice in Maine, Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom
is contemporary medicine at its best, combining new technologies with natural remedies and the miraculous healing powers within the body itself.
About the Author
Christiane Northrup, M.D., trained at Dartmouth Medical School and Tufts New England Medical Center before cofounding the Women to Women health care center in Yarmouth, Maine, which became a model for women's clinics nationwide. Board certified in obstetrics and gynecology, she is past president of the American Holistic Medical Association and an internationally recognized authority on women's health and healing.