Complete English as a Foreign Language is a comprehensive language course that takes you from beginner to intermediate level. These audio CDs are for use with the accompanying 416-page book containing 10 units plus grammar reference and A-Z word glossary. The new edition of this successful course has been fully revised and is packed with new learning features to give you the language, practice and skills to communicate with confidence.
Maps from A1 to B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for languages
- Teaches British English with American English alternatives
- Authentic listening activities - everyday conversations give you a flavour of real British and American English voices
- 416-page book containing 10 learning units plus grammar reference and A-Z word glossary
- Discovery Method - figure out rules and patterns to make the language stick
- Teaches the key skills - reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Learn to learn - tips and skills on how to be a better language learner
- Culture notes - learn about the people and places of the English-speaking world
- Outcomes-based learning - focus your studies with clear aims
- Test Yourself - see and track your own progress
Coming soon: get our companion app. English course: Teach Yourself is full of fun, interactive activities to support your learning with this course. Apple and Android versions available. Also available: Get Talking English and Keep Talking English. Rely on Teach Yourself, trusted by language learners for over 75 years.
About the Author
Sandra Stevens has been an EFL teacher for 30 years. She's worked around the world including for the British Council. She is the University of Cambridge Joint Chief Assessor for the Certificate in English Language Teaching (CELTA).
English as a Second Language (ESL)
Number Of Pages: 120
Published: 14th October 2014
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton General Division
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 19.1 x 13.8
Weight (kg): 0.1
Edition Number: 1